- Worship & Music
- Visit Us
- What's On
- Functions & Celebrations
- Major Projects
- Support Us
Find out about vacancies at Hexham Abbey.
Hexham Abbey Heritage Trading Ltd is the commercial arm of Hexham Abbey, managing the various business divisions of the organisation - including but not limited to; function and meeting rooms, catering, retail and group tours.
We require a part time Office Manager who will be responsible for all administration of the business, but also take direct charge of our volunteer staffing management, plus Group tour operations. Specific tasks and responsibilities will include;
- Invoicing (predominately Function & Meeting rooms)
- Book, manage and schedule Group Tours with tourist operators, liase with Abbey guides
- Volunteer staffing rota
- Weekly banking preparation, cash and card payment processing
- Admin tasks such as preparing signage and notices for visitors to the Abbey / delegates / function attendees
- Maintain accurate staff files and records (with appropriate confidentiality)
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Job Type / Category
Office based, dealing with multiple contact points both internal and external, Hexham Abbey is a thriving working church and tourist attraction located in the heart of the market town of Hexham.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Essential Skills, Behaviour and Experience required;
- First class IT literacy, not limited to MS Office, ability to pick up new systems etc
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Ability to think laterally and use initiative to solve problems and create efficient processes
- Attention to detail, numerical literacy
- High levels of customer service (internal and external)
- Working with volunteers
- Cash handling
- HR/Employee management and admin
- Catering / hospitality experience
- Knowledge of the workings of the Church of England
The role is expected to be around 30hrs per week, with a full time equivalent salary of £17,500 per annum. On 30hrs this would work out at £14,040. We are open to flexibility on the role for the right candidate.
Staff are entitled to a 1hr lunch break when working 9am-5pm, and a 30min break when working 9-3pm.
Onsite parking pass, discounted F&B, pension and 28 days holiday as standard.
To apply for this role you MUST submit a covering letter and CV via email to : firstname.lastname@example.org - if you do not submit a covering letter your application will not even be opened. Your covering letter needs to explain what relevant experience you have, and why you think you are the right person for the job using the required skills as a guide.
We are always looking for Volunteers who would like to help out here at Hexham Abbey. This could be guiding and stewarding visiting groups, for those with an interest in history who enjoy helping and interacting with people. Our Gift Shop and Cafe are also partially staffed with volunteers who simply enjoy keeping busy and giving people a warm welcome as they visit our site.
If you would like to speak to someone further about volunteering opportunities please contact Owen Mills, on email@example.com, or 01434 611 908.